Please implement paging

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:15 PM
When I have lots of blobs, say 10,000+, the tool becomes very slow or even crashes. Please add paging support...
Aug 26, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Edited Aug 26, 2014 at 9:48 PM
We have 50,000+ blob containers and hundreds of thousands of blobs in one of our accounts, and we can't even get it to load up in Azure Storage Explorer 6 Preview 3. Just clicking "Test Access" before adding the account took a good three minutes to load. When I finally clicked to Add the account, it sat there for over five minutes before I finally closed the program. Is there any way to get this software to work with these kinds of accounts?
Oct 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I'd like to help on enhancing the experience for accounts with many blobs and or containers. I was thinking that using the sdk async features we could add chunks of data as they arrive and keep the UI responsive.

What do you think?

Martín Coll.
Oct 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Anything that allows less than the full total of results to be loaded. Some sort of paging or something.
Oct 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM
I have a limited time to spend on this, so I'll see what I can do. If any of the project's coordinators sees this, any thoughts?
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:08 PM
Hey you can try a nightly build here, and you can see the commits here.

What I did was implement asynchronous/responsive loading (no pagination but at least you can see the blobs while they load).

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:36 PM
I can confirm this does work. With that said, it is a bit strange. When I first click on the account to load, the cursor turns into a loading icon, and everything starts to load. As the "Containers" count started to increase, the cursor stayed a loading icon, so I didn't realize at first I could click to expand the "Containers" item. Once I realized this, I expanded it, and it is now filling in the containers correctly. This is helpful, since it at least allows me to see that the list is actually loading, but it is so slow that I'm not sure how helpful it is for those of us with 10's of thousands (and more) of blob containers.

Ideally, there would be a way to not load all containers when opening an account, and I could search for a specific container to open and manage. For those of us with so many containers, there is no point in loading them all at once, ever.
Jan 12, 2015 at 10:00 PM
I think you're probably right, it would be better that way. But given I was new with the codebase and hadn't written any XAML in a while, I left the UI as it was.

What I did was just avoid the freeze while loading, but not add any functionality.
May 12, 2015 at 1:38 PM
I am struggling to find an OneDrive type access to Azure storage and I too am having problems with Azure Storage Explorer we have about 180000 files and yes its extreemly slow
I was thinking if the explorer listed contents not fully expanded then it would not have to load 180000 files it would just load the 20 or so folders and as the user drilled into each folder looking for there file
It would only load the folders contents and not all 180000 files?
Jul 1, 2015 at 6:55 AM

There is a bug in listing blob containers in your private

In LoadBlobContainersAsync()
You want something like to check for ContinuationToken being null or not before fetching the next page.
Otherwise it would try to fetch the first page again and become an infinite loop
                if (containersSegment.ContinuationToken == null)
                    // All containers have been listed

containersSegment = await blobClient.ListContainersSegmentedAsync(containersSegment.ContinuationToken);