Azure Storage Explorer 4 Beta 1 Release
Note: 4.0 Update 10 (18.104.22.168) posted 05/07/2011 02:00pm - Maintance Release : Corrects issue where querying, copying, or renaming table did not process all entitites if the tables were large - please get the latest
Note: 4.0 Update 9 (22.214.171.124) posted 04/30/2011 04:00pm - Feature Release : New functionality for container and blob security
Highlights of version 4:
• Better Code. Versions 1-3 of Azure Storage Explorer pre-dated the commercial Azure launch and there was no formal Storage Client library. Code from the SDK samples was used, which caused the source code base to be huge and complex. In version 4 we are using the .NET StorageClient library and the code is compact and well-organized. The source code is open and is part of this CodePlex project.
• Newer storage feature support. Support has been added for newer features such as blob root containers.
• Download/upload blobs, messages, and table entities. Table entities can be exported/imported in CSV file, Plain XML, and AtomPub XML formats.
• Direct data entry and editing of blobs, queue messages, and table entities.
.• Improved UI. The new WPF-based UI is cleaner, and supports opening multiple storage acounts at the same in tab views. The Mode-View-ViewModel pattern is used.
• Free. Azure Storage Explorer remains a free community donation.