Azure Storage Explorer, Version 2.0 (Refreshed April 2009)
Azure Storage Explorer is a useful GUI tool for inspecting the data in your Azure cloud storage projects including the logs of your cloud-hosted applications. All three types of cloud storage can be viewed: blobs, queues, and tables.
Summary of New Features in Version 2.0
The most current release of Azure Storage Explorer, version 2.0, has several improvements over the original version:
1. The UI is WPF-based and has Outlook-style navigation.
2. Multiple storage accounts are supported, and you can change your storage account details directly in the tool.
3. . In addition to text and byte views of items, blob items that are pictures can be viewed as images.
Azure Storage Explorer 2.0 does not present allow you to act on storage items. This capability is being considered for a future update.
In the April Refresh:
- View > Refresh (or F5) refreshes the current displayed blob, queue, or table container.
- Scroll bars added to the item detail displays (text, bytes, image)